TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook… There are a lot of social media platforms to keep track of, but you don’t have to do it alone. With brand identity, content marketing, and influencer engagement becoming more important than ever, Laura Alexandria Marketing is here to lend a helping hand.
We support businesses in increasing reach and impressions, gaining new organic followers, receiving more profile page visits, and reinforcing their brand presence across all social media platforms.
Here are 6 of our favorite tips for growing your following on social media.
1. Choose the right social media platforms for your brand. Yeah, this is a pretty important first step. You don’t have to do it all. Just do what works, and do it well! Focus on platforms that cater to your target audience (hint: not every demographic mindlessly scrolls on TikTok every day, and not everyone makes a Facebook profile anymore).
2. Use tags and hashtags effectively. Always tag people and pages where appropriate, and do your research regarding hashtags (or just take a look at our recent Instagram hashtag-centric blog post, full of dos and don’ts). No single formula or method automatically guarantees success, but there are some best practices that are likely to boost engagement.
3. Post consistently. Whether you choose to post daily or a few times each week, consistency is key to creating brand recognition and getting your content into people’s feeds. It builds trust with your target audience as well, and that is absolutely essential when influencing a purchasing decision.
4. Engage with your followers. This might be the most important tip. If you aren’t engaging with the followers who support your brand on social media, you’re missing out on a huge opportunity. Make sure to check comments and messages daily and respond to people, whether with a reaction, a smiley face, or a detailed reply. No matter how simple or complex your response is, your audience will notice the attention, and they will love it. They might even share the post or come back for more. Brand loyalty may not be everything, but it’s a pretty big thing, and taking the time to personally interact with your followers will no doubt improve it.
5. Provide shareable content. Ever see a post so good that you just had to tell your friends about it? Shareable content will get your brand messaging and offerings in front of new eyeballs. Getting people to not just screenshot posts, but actually click “share” or “send” on the social media platform, will help your brand gain some street cred when it comes to SEO, as well as aid in ease of visiting your social media profiles. To make sure you’re posting this kind of engaging content, ask yourself, “Would I share this?” If you wouldn’t, why would others?
6. Don’t over-promote. A 70-30 percent split is a good rule of thumb for promotion. For example, if you’re creating 10 pieces of content, 7 should be inspirational, educational, or valuable to the consumer, and only 3 should promote your product or service. This might seem like a waste, but not everyone will remember what you say, anyway. People are much more likely to remember how your brand makes them feel.
We hope these tips have inspired you.
Growing your social media following may not be where you want to dedicate all of your time, and that’s why LAM is always here for you. If some personalized social media strategy and assistance sounds like what your company needs, you can set up your free consultation here. We look forward to learning more about you and your business!
Lots of Love,
For even more helpful LAM insights, subscribe to our weekly newsletter and like and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.